Sunday, September 17, 2017

Racing Season Week 7 Wahsatch Rendezvous

With fall temperatures finally hitting, layers may be wanted for morning runs.  Personally, I go with long sleeves in the 50s and a second layer in the 40s.  I usually add running pants at about freezing, but dress to comfort.  A rule of thumb is to dress for about 20 degrees warmer than it is as you will heat up while running.  In the morning, it is common to start with jackets and then shed as you warm up. As it gets colder, hats and gloves are also nice.  I like simple knit stretchy gloves and usually don those before I need to don a second layer on my legs.

Monday 6 am 30 minutes - core
2:30 race debrief then speed work on the track

Tuesday 6 am 30 minutes - strength
2:45 recovery pace

Wednesday 6 am 30 minutes - core
2:45 hill run

Thursday 6 am 30 minutes - strength
2:45 tempo

Friday 6 am 30 minutes - core
2:45 pre race

Saturday - first HS race at 8:45 open race at 8

No comments: